How do you know when to replace your roof?
- Inspect your roof for cracked, curled or missing shingles, as well as any excessive loss shingle granules.
- While in your attic, take a flashlight and look at the underside of the roof for any stains or wet spots indicating water leaks.
- Check to see if the shingles have curled along the bottom edge.
- Over time, shingles dry up and cause the surface of the shingle to crack.
- Granules on shingles act as a layer of protection for the asphalt. As granules fall off, the asphalt is exposed to the sun which will cause the asphalt to deteriorate quicker then usual. A sure sign that you need to replace your shingles is when you have shingle granuales in your gutters.
- Small bubble-like blisters may appear, as the shingle ages.
What is the difference between a workmanship warranty and a shingle warranty?
It’s important to distinguish between the warranty the manufacturer offers on the shingles – and the warranty offered by the installer as they are two separate things. A 30 year warranty on the shingles means that the shingles themselves are guaranteed for those 30 years – but if the installer only offers a 5 year warranty on the work and your roof starts leaking in the sixth year – the warranty on the labor will have expired despite the fact that the shingles themselves still have plenty of warranty remaining.
What kind of workmanship warranty does Dick Contracting offer?
Dick Contracting offers a 10 year workmanship warranty. We offer this warranty because we know our quality and work provided by our experienced installers is second to none.
We want you to have peace of mind knowing that your hard earned money and brand new roof will last for years to come and with that comes a roofing company that you can trust to stand behind their work. Our warranty is also transferable in the case you sell your house, which offers you an added sales advantage to a buyer of your home.
What type of shingle does Dick Contracting recommend?
In Alberta’s harsh climate we recommend the IKO Cambridge line of shingles. This shingle has managed to withstand the summer Alberta hail storms each year and never disappoints. IKO Cambridge comes in a variety of colors, that is guaranteed to make your home stand out.
How long will it take to shingle my roof?
An average sized home takes us 1 day to shingle. This includes removal of the old shingles, cleaning up, any fixes that need done and installation of the new materials. If your home is larger than most or has intricate roof lines this process might take 1-2 days.
Do you clean out my gutters?
Yes! We always clean out the gutters after we have installed the shingles. If your gutters need to be replaced, we make that recommendation, as well as a referral to our preferred company.
Do you have Liability Insurance and WCB?
Yes. We are up to date with all liability insurance and WCB, as well as fall arrest and first aid training.